Put yOur Search Here


only search bOtakwOrld

Thursday, 24 July 2008

Migrating Ms Outlook mail or contacts to Mac


Days earlier a friend asked about this questions just after he got his new Mac machine. Once I did this when I started using Mac years ago, I wanted all my contact in Ms Outlook transferred to Mac mail. It really digs out memories pieces by pieces. :O Some mistake steps and experience to share today.

At first I export Ms Outlook “contact” to CSV (Comma Separated Value) file then import them into Mac mail as text file. All contacts were imported but later I found those email addresses were not at default address in “work” field. Which this also causes new issue if some contacts have more than one email addresses.

Second try out, I export them to CSV as well but this time I transferred (import) it to Yahoo mail. Later then export to Netscape “ldif” format. This is on of the format Mac mail can accept beside vCards or CSV text file.

Works!

Today, I learn new technic from a business partner, he did it using Thunderbird mail and this time more it can transferred including calendar and note too.

Thanks to this link, to share with you his steps. First install Thunderbird in to your PC then import from Outlook. Later copy the Thunderbird profile folder to Mac platform Thunderbird. Lastly import them in to Mac mail. 

But if you Thunderbird layout, just stick to it :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment